Friday 1 November 2013

HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE

Yesterday I decided that since I'm doing so much pumpkin baking I would make a batch of HOMEMADE PUMPKIN SPICE MIX!  It was really easy.  All I did was put all the spices in my coffee grinder (that I actually only use for grinding flax and spices!) and grind away! 

Here is the mix I made:  2 small cinnamon sticks broken up into pieces or 5 teaspoons (tsp) ground cinnamon
2 small nutmeg seeds or 2 tsp ground nutmeg 
2 tsp ground ginger (or omit ginger if you prefer to use fresh ginger)
1 level tsp ground cloves or 1 rounded tsp cloves
4-5 allspice seeds or 1 tsp ground allspice

Hmmm....perhaps this would smell nice in a bar of homemade soap or a homemade candle?!  I think I may do some testing!  

I think I may sprinkle some of this on a batch of pumpkin seeds before I stick it in the dehydrator! 

No comments:

Post a Comment