Sunday 20 October 2013

PUMPKIN COCONUT CHIA PUDDING

#Pumpkin #Coconut #Chia #Pudding
I've been experimenting with pumpkin a lot in the past few weeks.  Over the next week, I'll try to add a few of the recipes.  This one I created a couple of weeks ago.  I made the mistake of writing the recipe on a scrap piece of paper and then I promptly lost it.  Today I found it in the recycling!  Yahoo!  
I love chia pudding because it is nutritious, gluten-free, vegan and could be served for everything from breakfast to dessert.  If you have an almond allergy you could substitute some other non-dairy milk such as brown rice milk.  

INGREDIENTS:
5 T chia seeds
1 c raw almond milk
1 c coconut milk, preferable fresh
1 c pumpkin puree
3-5 T pure maple syrup (depending on how sweet you'd it!)
1 t cinnamon
1/4 t each nutmeg and allspice
1 T fresh grated ginger (or 1/4-1/2 t dried)
1 t vanilla
pinch of cloves and sea salt

DIRECTIONS:
Put everything except the chia seeds in your blender.  Blend until smooth.  Add the chia seeds.  Pulse for a few seconds if you like a "tapioca' type consistency and blend if you prefer a smooth pudding.  Pour into a container with a lid (I like to use a large canning jar) and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.  I have to hide it behind the kale or it is gone before it has set!  Drizzle a little extra maple syrup on top of each individual serving before eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment