Sunday 21 April 2013

BEST BEGINNER GREEN SMOOTHIE

After my swimming workout last weekend, my girlfriend came over for a latte.  When I asked her if she would like a green smoothie she got this terrified look on her face...but being polite said, "yes".  IF you've never had a green smoothie before, taste this one... you'll be pleasantly surprised!  I used more fruit than I usually do since this was her first one.  She loved it.  The next morning she called me asking for the recipe!  She tested it on her 12 year old daughter who loved it too!  Here's what I used!

Ingredients
1 cup leftover cooled Rooibos tea
1 cup raw unsweetened almond milk
1 mango
1 banana
1 small orange
8 large strawberries
2 cups mixed dark greens such as baby kale and spinach
1 cup ice (if your fruit is frozen you may not need ice)
Cold water (if needed)

Directions:
Put everything in the blender in the order listed.  Blend until smooth.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment